At Christmas we work really hard to get people to attend the events we put on, but just getting people to attend an event matters little if we do not introduce them to the reason for Christmas—Jesus.
In addition to events, we often send out personal, church and ministry Christmas letters, but again, if we don’t share with people the real joy of Christmas—Jesus and the salvation He gives us—our Christmas message is incomplete.
This Christmas publication here will help solve both of those challenges. It uses the favorite hymn, “Hark the Herald Angels Sing” as an introduction to why Jesus came at Christmas and invites people to respond to him.
The piece to your right is a free PDF of the piece along with the page described below as a second page of the PDF. Additional options are available for Effective Church Communication Members and are shown later in this article.
An additional resources for faith exploration
Many people today, know little about the background of Christmas or little about Jesus. Because of that you may want to print on the back of the handout the list that gives websites where people can explore the Christian faith in depth.
Becoming a Christian is not a decision not to be taken lightly and this sheet encourages careful exploration of the facts before a decision is made.
Suggestions for use:
This piece can be:
- Given out during or following any Christmas service
- Posted on your website for your people to use any way they want
- Given out on a CD following a service.
- Printed up and passed out to your people to include in Christmas letters.
- Copied and sent out on email letters.
- Any other way you can think of to share the gospel joy this Christmas season!
For Effective Church Communication Members, below is a MEMBERS ONLY ZIP file download that includes:
- 2 more designs of the publication, illustrated below
- A PDF booklet of all of them
- Separated files for printing on a spot color digital duplicator
- Editable MS Publisher files for all
- MS Word files for the basic text files of the letter and the resource list
- PGN images of all the letter and the resource list
CLICK HERE to download the ZIP FILE. Remember to "SAVE IT" to your desktop and then click to open to access the individual files.
Please share your thoughts, comments, questions!