Free Bible Images is a very interesting company that provides quality photos and images for teaching Bible stories. One way to use them is through animoto, which gives you a way to create videos.
I really enjoy using animoto to create short teaching and thought-provoking videos. Below is the video I created about the topic of if God cares when we mess up, using one of their photo sets about the prodigal son. This video took me much less time than similar ones I created in the past because all the images were available instead of me having to find them, modify them and put them in order.
How I did this:
1. I downloaded the images as a PowerPoint Presentation.
2. I deleted some images--you don't want to many in a short video presentation.
3. I saved the images as jpgs. Note: I am new at using the site and when I did this video didn't realize I could have just downloaded the set as a jpg file and deleted what I didn't want from that. I'm really looking forward to creating more using the site as a source for video Bible lessons.
4. I opened up www.animoto.com
5. Put in the files, created the text
6. Selected music, edited text, and edited text and re-edited text and pictures--This takes me the longest time because I want the words, music, pacing to be just right. This is one of the most important parts--you want to say the right words, include thoughtful messages, biblical challenges without being too wordy or vague. You want to spend time praying about the message and impact of your video. The video is under two minutes in length, but to make it powerful, you also need to make it shorter.
7. When done, hit the produce button, download and share.
Again, please check out FreeBibleImages.com for an ever-growing collection of wonderful material to help you teach Bible Lessons.