Pod intro: Podcast #2--Father's Day Resources and Strategies
• Next Sunday is Father’s Day– and knowing how busy schedules are, would you like some last minute resources to make a great Father’s day at your church?
• Hi, I’m Yvon Prehn with the Effective Church Communications Podcast and I’ve got some FREE Resources (all ready to go and no work required) and Strategy for you!
• Our Podcast on Mondays has two parts: the first one on seasonal communications and second In addition to that at the start of the week I have a Biblical Challenge for you and I want to pray for you
• So let’s get started!
Holidays are about more than celebration
• At ECC, I often talk about how holidays and seasonal celebrations can be times to grow your church in numbers and your people in spiritual maturity
• We have lots of articles and templates on specific holidays and a detailed course on the Church Communications Training School that will show you how to do that.
• Father’s Day however is a little different than many holidays because
• **It isn’t really a holiday that you invite people outside the church to attend
• **The focus of celebration for Father’s day is the men already at your church
• Following are some ideas of what you can do and in the show notes are the links to the specific resources to help you do them—I’ll describe them to you, easier than having to look them up and remember ALL are free
• Overall list http://www.effectivechurchcom.com/fathers-day-resources-list-and-links-to-help-you-celebrate-the-men-of-your-church-and-involve-them-in-ministries/
#1 (to do on Father’s Day) Celebrate fathers
● Tough times for men today
● We praise God for good men
● So take some time to do that!
● Resources to help you do that:
● Welcome slides: https://www.effectivechurchcom.com/welcome-slides-for-fathers-day/
● Download and have showing at various times in the service
Upbeat, celebratory slides and videos
● A set of slides and then also videos with and without narration:
• Bulletin inserts, flyers, newsletters, social media
• Connection Cards with a Men’s Ministry Emphasis
• Note: Children’s Ministry on here for a purpose—single dads and don’t forget child care for Men’s events
Challenges for Father’s Day
• Don’t miss this opportunity
• Christianity today quote
• Be a Better Man Bulletin insert/flyer
• A tasteful and subtle card for pornography challenges
• Some do’s and don’t to launch a successful Men’s Ministry
• Key points—prayer is not enough, sensible marketing, realize that Bible study and a prayer group not something most men are looking for….what to do….well you need to read the article!
• Make STRATEGIC use of Father's Day to grow your church--by targeting YOUNGER Dads
• 2 Key points, make sure men are visible; invite them back for a service project
Wrap up of Father’s Day Resources
• All Free—please pass on to others
• And now to strengthen you in your work as a church communicator,
• Devotion #2: Real 24/7 support
• And now let me pray for you……