Welcome to the Monday Morning Church Communicators Podcast! Hi, I'm Yvon Prehn.....
• What ministry can you do that shows love to your community, encourages kids, and gives joy to Jesus?
• The answer we’ll talk about and give you lots of free resources today to promote is
• Backpack Ministry!
• Plus I have my Monday devotion and prayers for you to start the week—so let’s get started!
First our featured Ministry this week—Backpack Ministry
• This week I got my first email from our local Rescue Mission asking for donations to fill backpacks for kids
• So excited—such a great way to show love to our communities and especially to little kids and we know this kind of ministry is a delight to our Lord
• Especially meaningful to me because the start of the school year always meant so much to me growing up. Let me tell you a little about it. https://wp.me/pDky9-pL
As an adult when I realized some kids didn’t have school supplies
• This was a ministry I got very involved in. Our church was involved with an orphanage in Mexico. The orphanage didn’t have running water and obviously school supplies were an extravagance.
• You can see the video I did for it at the link below, but in putting it together I got very involved with the ministry. (and we got all 225 backpacks, plus 10 huge boxes of supplies for the churches)
For the many ones I know your church are involved with, resources
• PowerPoint Slides for Backpack Ministry to remind and motivate your congregation to give: https://wp.me/pDky9-88N
• Instagram Images for Backpack Ministry to remind and motivate your congregation to give: https://wp.me/pDky9-898
• Bulletin inserts and Flyers for Fall Back-Pack ministries: https://wp.me/pDky9-7rX
• The job of church communicators--to incarnate ministry vision, illustrated with Backpack Ministry video: https://wp.me/pDky9-fy
My personal motivation for Backpack ministry—my memories and prayers about crayons and little kids in need: https://wp.me/pDky9-pL
Finally, some encouragement to you
• You have so much to do, so many incredible responsibilities, and in closing let me read you a devotion from my book, Devotions for Church Communicators. There is a link to it in the show notes.
• Link: Devotion #5: A clean heart is an essential part of preparing for church communications work: https://wp.me/pDky9-6nz
• Pray for people
• That’s all for today
• Until our next podcast, this is Yvon Prehn, please check out the links following the podcast, the text of the article, and the free Templates, plus the many materials to help you create more effective church communications at the www.effectivechurchcom.com and at the www.churchcomtraining.com websites.
• And now may the Lord bless you and keep you strong, encouraged, and joyful as you serve Him today in church communications