In another article I shared a Senior Ministry Newsletter and here is an updated version of it. But even more important than the additional design are the reasons given below as to why creating a newsletter for Seniors is incredibly important for your church.
Reasons why you should have a newsletter for the Senior Ministry in your church
- Not only is it the right thing to do and a Biblical command to care for the older members of our church, but it is also a fact that in most churches the older members are the primary ones who support the church ﬁnancially.
- However, they are less likely to give generously if they don’t feel they are a signiﬁcant part of the church. A newsletter like this that not only is useful to create a community for seniors, but it informs them about ministries in the church and invites them to become involved.
- You need to print this out because overall, most seniors, even if they have a computer, prefer to read material like newsletters (and bulletins and information from the church) in a print format.
- Just because you print this doesn’t mean you ignore technology. You can also create a PDF version of this publication to post online. This particular layout works well online because in PDF format you don’t have to scroll up and down as you do in a multi-column newsletter layout.
- This simple layout can be adapted to create newsletters for any ministry in the church— Women’s, Men’s, Children’s, Missions. They are also projects that ministry members can do themselves. Challenge your church ministry leaders to increase their communications and THEY WILL see an increase in involvement. People do not give to, volunteer, or pray for ministries that they know little or nothing about.
Below are images of the two pages of the revised design and following is the link to download the MS Publisher Template file. If you are not a Member of Effective Church Communications, you won't be able to see this link. To find out more about Effective Church Communications Membership or to sign up, CLICK HERE.